Welcome to the website operated by Insureityourself Insurance Services Ltd. (“Insureityourself,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). This Website (the “Insureityourself Website” or the “Website”) provides general information about Insureityourself and its products and services.
When you register on this website, you hereby agree and acknowledge that your personal information will be placed into the database for Insureityourself and our parent company, InsureBC.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect and combine information about you and the devices you use to access our online services for the purposes described in this privacy statement. This includes information you provided to us, information collected through your use of our online services and information obtained from our partners and other reliable sources.
- Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you request a quote; apply for, purchase or modify coverage; create or modify your account; sign up for our newsletter or request information from us; contact customer support; respond to a survey; or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, payment information and financial account numbers, home information, claims filed previously, survey responses, and other information you choose to provide to us.
- Information we collect through your use of our online services
USAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information for customer service, to provide you with information that you may request, to customize your experience on the site and/or to contact you when necessary in connection with transactions entered into by you on the Website. We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our business.
We do not sell your personal information, or solicit information for purposes not relating to your insurance policy. Your information may be released to a third party in the insurance industry to meet our obligations and assess your eligibility and costs for products and services that you have specifically requested. Our third party partners also adhere to the applicable Privacy Laws, which regulates the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as we do. Your information may also be used in order to satisfy valid information requests from regulators and other organizations or individuals who are legally entitled to make such requests. Website visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except our personnel who need the information (e.g., to respond to a request from you).
In addition to the purposes identified above, any information we collect may also be used for analytics purposes (e.g., evaluating website usage patterns and advertisement interactions) so that we can gauge the effectiveness of our programs and advertisements, and improve the usefulness of information presented to visitors.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect from and about you (and your device) as described in this privacy statement or as described at the time of collection. Information shared by us
- Affiliates. We may share information we collect from and about you (and your device) with a parent, subsidiary or affiliate entity. Any organization to which we provide such information is required to keep your information confidential and to only use such information in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Service Providers. In the course of doing business, we employ other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we may provide the information we collect from and about you (and your device) to companies that host our online services or send communications on our behalf. These service providers may have access to information about you if it is needed to perform their functions for us, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
- Promotions. We will share the information we collect from and about you (and your device) with third parties as necessary to provide you with a product or service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us. www.insureityourself.ca.
- Legally Required. We reserve the right to disclose information we collect from and about you (and your device) if required to do so by law or by a regulatory authority. We may also disclose your information as part of an investigation or enforcement action relating to improper or illegal conduct in connection with our online services or other products, including, without limitation, any situations that may potentially involve threats to the safety or privacy of any person or misuse of our online services.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
At any time you may request Insureityourself to: (i) amend the personal information that we have on file for you; (ii) inform you of what personal information we have on file for you and/or (iii) remove personal information that you have provided to us, or that we have collected. You may do so by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com provided. However, that we ask individuals to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, amended or removed before processing such requests, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical.
Please be advised that deleting your personal information may terminate or limit your ability to apply for Services. If you wish to apply for Services without any hindrance or limitation, you may decide not to delete the personal information that we have on file for you. Note that after you delete your personal information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
OPTION TO OPT OUT
We provide users with the option to opt-out from receiving information sent via electronic mailings on or own behalf of and that of our third party advertisers. Users may unsubscribe from receiving e-mail at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every e-mailing. Unsubscribe requests can only be processed if you have registered with us in the first instance.